What is the Cost of Absenteeism?
When your staff are engaged with the business and motivated to perform, the productivity of your workforce will grow exponentially. Frequent absenteeism is an issue encountered by most organisations, and one that can stifle the productivity and profitability of your business.
Did you know that the total cost of absenteeism can be up to three times the cost of an absent employee? It is estimated that 92 million days were lost in 2008, at a cost of $26.6 billion to the Australian economy.
In those organisations with high levels of workplace absences, up to half may have been avoidable.
How can you effectively manage absenteeism?
To increase the performance of your business, you must decrease the rates of avoidable absenteeism, therefore creating a more engaged and productive workforce.
While you are building your employee engagement through a positive, supportive atmosphere and staff development programs, there are other instruments you can use to help manage your absenteeism in advance.
The Drake Absence Management program is a consultative tool which gives you and your organisation greater visibility over the nature and causes of absenteeism, as well as providing solutions on how to improve this.
At Drake, we care about your employees’ health and well-being, as well as the performance of your business. This is why we have introduced Drake Absence Management, a central point to receive professional advice and absence reports for your organisation.
Drake Absence Management analyses:
- Rates of absenteeism across the entire business, each service line and location
- Absenteeism trends as they relate to business peaks in demand, times of year, etc.
- Opportunistic sick leave versus true sick leave
- This data allows our consultants to identify:
- Different types of absenteeism
- Patterns and length of absence to qualify trends
- Absence ‘norm’ to highlight any employees outside of this
- Best practice return-to-work programs for absent employees
- Methods to decrease the rates and lengths of absenteeism
Benefits to your organisation:
- Improved productivity
- Decrease in overtime
- Reduction in staff turnover
- Improved health profile of employees
- Increase staff morale
- Effective use of Employee Assistance / Wellness Programs
- Early identification of disabilities
- Reduction in cost of disabilities
By improving avoidable absenteeism rates, your business will become a more productive and profitable organisation.
Disclaimer: Drake Absence Management operates with the most stringent and confidentiality standards and in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). This means that no information can be passed on to any other party without your consent.